Plot twist: The next companion is a normal girl/boy who only dies once in their lifetime and has no remarkable back story but he thinks they’re wonderful because they are human and the Doctor needs reminding that you don’t need to be a mystery to be remarkable.
Doctor Who Meme ✖ [1/9] Scenes
I love the look on Martha’s face.
Because I bet she read that Sonnet when she was in school.
And the realization that that fucking sonnet is going to be about HER RADIANT BLACK BEAUTY!!!
Martha Fucking Jones gets POETRY written for her that lasts through the ages.
The Doctor’s faces are killing me!
I actually find this really great because NOBODY KNOWS who “the dark lady” is. There are various sonnets composed for/about her, but nobody knows her identity.
I wonder if Martha ever reads that particular sonnet or hears someone reading it in a movie or on telly and just kind of smirks to herself because she knows it was written about her
i bet she feels really proud for stealing shakespeare’s heart
FUCK YOU MOFFAT
YOU AND YOUR EGO HAVE GONE TOO FAR
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
If this is in fact true, I’m somewhat okay with this actually because
1) I’ve pretty much lost interest in, or at least my emotional attachment to Doctor Who over the past few series; it’s just not the same show I loved so much some 3 or 4 years ago.
2) I wasn’t expecting the show to get better and I’m numb to it getting worse, and the weird plot twists that used to piss me off now just make me sigh and think ‘well of course something like that would happen’. For the first couple of series after Davies left I was so fucking pissed off and frustrated that one of my favourite shows was losing almost all the things that made me love it so much. I guess at this point I’ve made my peace with the fact that the Doctor Who that once was is no more.
3) I fucking love John Hurt.
4) With Eccleston declining to return, the fuck-up kind of starts with him and I can’t really see any way a writer could write around that without, well, fucking things up to some extent. This way fucks up the continuity to a really bad extent, but I guess I just don’t get that pissed off about these things any more because as I said, I’ve pretty much become numb to this. Not just numb, actually, I half expected it would get worse over time.
tl;dr The show’s fucked up anyway, has been for a while, at least I get to see John Hurt, and in the iconic role of the Doctor no less. That’s a pretty cool thing amidst the rubble atop the stinking carcass of pre-Moffat Who.
Steven Moffat seems kind of obsessed with little girls and turning them into romantic interests for the Doctor. It’s starting to be deeply disturbing on a creepy level.
- We’ve had Reinette who we meet as a little girl turn into an insta!romantic interest and then snog the Doctor the first time she sees him as an adult, with lots of innuendo
- We’ve had Amy who we meet as a little girl turn into an insta!romantic interest and then snog (and proposition!!!) the Doctor the first trip she takes with him as an adult
- We’ve had Melody, who, if you unwind her timeline, she’s a little girl who upon first her meeting the Doctor as an adult also tries to be extremely seductive, falls in love with him, snogs him, innuendo and implied sexual relationship, etc
- Now we see Clara, who Moffat has already said Eleven will be “smitten” with — and we meet her as … you guessed it!! A little girl
As much as I bitch and moan about Moffat being a sucky writer who reuses his same one-trick-pony plot devices over and over and over again …. this is different. Little girls are sexualized enough in this day and age. Enough people still see women’s identity wrapped up in their sexuality - this sort of thing should NOT be the instant mental association you make between a little girl and a grown man on a popular TV program. (“Oh it’s a little girl - she’ll probably fall in love with him, and he might even be attracted to her right back!!”) It’s a pattern that was kind of impossible to not notice in seasons past but now this has reached the level where it’s pretty blatant. And creepy. I don’t know if he’s doing it consciously or not but it is so incredibly irresponsible that I really wish the BBC would step in.
remember when doctor who was a show about ordinary people doing amazing things because humanity is good and beautiful at its core instead of about moffat wanking over nice camera shots and undeveloped characters and confusing memory based plots
The Making of The Weeping Angels
∟ Most of the Weeping Angels aren’t statues at all. They’re girls painted like statues.
Just once, I’d like to see the Doctor travel with a smart, strong, sassy woman who’s not a size zero.
did you mean Donna?
by the way billie piper is a size 10-12
I’m pretty sure John Barrowman is at LEAST a 12-14 dress size.